What is NODI- A Krypton Fork of Kodi
What is NODI Fork ?Nodi is a Custom Fork of Kodi 17 that will work on older Android devices running 4.4, not unlike MyGica. It also has a separate version that is compatible on the later devices such as Android 5.0 – 7.0. At time of publishing this Blog, due to some unforeseen Real Life issues, there was a delay in creating the 4.4.2 version. The developing team have commented recently that they are moving forward with this Android version. Therefore, only the 5.0 version is available and can be acquired from here. Well I have to admit when I first started reading about this in comments, all I could think of was “Auto correct is at it again”. But the more it appeared when others were discussing Kodi/SPMC it dawned on me that it's not auto-correct at all. Before we begin for those who are unfamiliar with what a Fork is, please read this Blog. It provides a brief explanation on why a Fork was created, very informative.
Exploring NODIOnce installed, you will encounter what looks like something The Hulk would be interested in ! So without further adieu, here is what you need to know about NODI :
- Is the File Manager. – where you would enter the url for Ares Wizard for example.
- Is Settings. – Skin Settings, System, Media Sources, Add-ons, System information, etc.
- Should be familiar, Power.
- Add-ons will take you to your Video add-ons, Music add-ons, Program add-ons, Picture add-ons. From there you will also be able to access Add-ons / Add-on browser> My add-ons, recently updated, Install from repository, Install from zip file, Search. Select the Icon that looks like a “Puzzle Piece”. Selecting the “Cog Icon” will direct you to Settings / System> Display, Audio, Input, Internet access, Power saving, Add-ons, Logging.
Add-onsHighlighting any of the listings as shown in the above photo will show you what individual Add-ons have been installed in NODI. In this photo (same as the opening screen) “Add-ons” was highlighted as indicated by the Red Arrow. Due to any add-ons installed on your device outside of NODI will also appear. Ares Wizard is the only Program / Add-on installed on this Tablet. In the top right corner you'll notice something different from other forks of Krypton 17.
- Manage Add-ons>will give you access to Add-ons/My Add-ons> All, Add-on repository, Program add-ons, Video add-ons, PVR clients, etc.
- Download add-ons> Add-ons/Install from repository> All repositories, Kodi Add-on repository, etc.
- Install from zip file> same as Photo B from above.
- Search add-ons> no explanation needed.
- Add-on settings > same as Photo A above.