How to Enable and Configure Trakt.TV in Kodi
What is Trakt.TV“Trakt is a platform that does many things, but primarily keeps track of TV shows and movies you watch. It integrates with your media center or home theater PC to enable scrobbling, so everything is automatic. Some people like to check in from their phone, so we enable that too.” The Trakt add-on for Kodi allows you to automatically scrobble all content you are watching to Trakt.tv. You can keep a comprehensive history of everything you've watched.
Install and Authorizing TraktBefore using Trakt.TV it must be installed. Many builds have Trakt already installed. If you have such a build, you can skip down to the next portion of this article. Lets begin. Open Kodi and select System> Add-on> Install from repository. Scroll down and Select Kodi Add-on repository> Program Add-ons. The is list lengthy, so scroll to almost the bottom and select Trakt. Click to Install, wait for Add-on enabled notification. Now that Trakt is installed in Kodi, follow the procedure below to Configure. You'll notice a pop up screen asking you proceed to their web site to Authorize right away. There will be an option to “Remind me later” or “No Thanks”. Selecting No Thanks will remove the pop up and take you back to the add-on settings.
- Select Configure then click on Exclusions. Enable Exclude Live TV as shown in Photo B. Excluding Live TV is impossible to “Scrobble” for obvious reasons !
- Scroll back General and select ” How do I authorize the trakt add-on to access my trakt-tv account ?”
- After selecting Authorize, a new window will appear with code. Write this code down as you will need it to proceed. Enter the url link provided in your browser.
- Enter the (1.) Code provided earlier and select (2) Continue.
- When the prompt appears confirming you wish to allow Trakt on Kodi, select YES.
- Congratulations, you are now Enabled !
ConfiguringNow that Trakt is enabled in Kodi, the next few steps will show you how to configure the add-on to suit your tastes. Open the add-on and go to Settings > Configuration. The following are just recommendations. The choice is entirely up to you and your needs. Lets begin with Photo A.
ScrobblingOnce in Configuation, move to Scrobbling and Select the first 4 settings to enable:
- Scrobble Movies
- Scrobble TV show episodes
- Show notification on scrobble
- Fallback to Title/Year matching if necessary
SynchronizeIn Photo B there are two categories that need adjusting, Movies and TV Shows. If you have deleted a Movie or a TV Show from your library but wish to keep in your trakt collection, do not enable. (1. and 2.) In Movies, enable the following ;
- Add new movies to collection
- Add watched Movies to collection
- Mark Movies from history as watched in Kodi